Siemens Energy has fully acquired Siemens High Voltage Products OOO from Elektrozavod. Until now, Siemens had held a 51% stake in the joint venture headquartered in Ufa, the capital of the Russian Republic of Bashkortostan. Elektrozavod, Russia's largest transformer manufacturer, held the remaining 49% in the joint venture, which was founded in November 2008. The Russian competition authority approved the transfer of title. Following completion of the acquisition, Siemens wants to expand the production of circuit breakers and disconnectors for high-voltage switchgear for the Russian market.

In addition to local production in Ufa, Siemens will continue to supply advanced high-voltage products for complex switchgear projects to Elektrozavod. Siemens High Voltage Products will produce and market not only high-voltage circuit breakers and disconnectors, but also dead-tank compact (DTC) switching modules for 110 kV and 220 kV. These modules, comprising circuit breakers, disconnectors, grounding switches and current transformers, offer all the functions of an outdoor switchyard. They are assembled from components from the range of Siemens' high-voltage products, which have a proven track record worldwide. Different switchgear designs can thus be realized with a minimum of engineering effort.

Last year, the Russian joint venture secured two major orders from the Federal Grid Company for the supply of DTC switching equipment for the 110-kV voltage level. Siemens High Voltage Products also posted two major orders with a combined value of 3.5 million euros for circuit breakers and disconnectors for 220-kV and 110-kV substations.

For more information, visit www.siemens.com.