By permitting the automatic racking of the circuit breaker from a remote location, the CBS ArcSafe remote racking system from Circuit Breaker Sales Co. Inc. replaces the manual racking operation and removes the operating personnel from manual contact with the circuit breaker, thus increasing safety from arc flash hazards.
Features of the CBS ArcSafe Remote Racking System include:
- Compatible with low and medium voltage circuit breakers produced by all the major switchgear manufacturers
- Accommodates horizontal and vertical racking air, SF6 and vacuum circuit breakers
- Remote operation places operator outside the arc flash protection boundary
- Reduces the need for a full-body arc flash hazard suit
- Height and angle of the drive is easily adjusted
- Quick release drive shafts and couplings simplify setup
- Over-racking protection is provided
- Battery operated with built-in charger
- Hand-truck design provides easy mobility
Service personnel safety is enhanced because they can rack draw-out circuit breakers while standing outside the arc flash protection boundary, thus reducing the need for a full-body arc flash hazard suit.
When used in conjunction with the CBS ArcSafe remote switch operator, the user can also operate, trip, and close release the circuit breaker from a safe distance.
Circuit Breaker Sales Co. Inc. will exhibit each evening at The Hospitality Expo in Booth #55.