On-Demand Session 5: SMART Power Flow Controller for Smart Grid Applications 1
Abstract: FREE Webinar: The smart grid is envisioned to be integrating necessary devices for its most efficient operation. One such operation is increasing electric power flow in existing transmission lines with the use of a goal-oriented smart power flow controller (SPFC). This presentation is designed to provide the basic principles of power flow control technology and an overview of the most commonly used power flow controllers.
About the 2013 Advanced Technologies Webinar Series:
Welcome to the Advanced Technology Series of webinars by Burns & McDonnell. This year will we feature five progressive transmission line technologies that support the safe, reliable, efficient and compliant operation of HV and EHV transmission lines. The upcoming webinars will include:
- Session 5 - December - SMART Power Flow Controller for Smart Grid Applications by Dr. Kalyan K. Sen, PhD, PE, MBA
These on demand webinars are available immediately after registering:
- Session 1 - January - Dynamic Line Rating by Lindsey Manufacturing
- Session 2 - March - Smart Wire Grid on Distributed FACTS by Smart Wire Grid, Inc.
- Session 3 - May- Using A High Capacity Conductor in Transmission Projects by 3M
- Session 4 - September - Micropiles and Steel Pile Caps by CRUX
Kalyan Sen, PE
Chief Technology Officer
Sen Engineering Solutions Inc.
Mike E. Beehler, PE
Burns & McDonnell