On-Demand: Understanding the Limitations of a Power Factor test and Expanding its Diagnostic Capabilities 2
Abstract: FREE On-Demand Webinar: As one of the "pillar tests" in a condition assessment of a substation asset (transformer, breaker, bushings, etc.), does a power factor test adequately live up to its cornerstone status?
This webinar presented by Jill Duplessis of OMICRON, explores why a power factor measurement can be misinforming. Learn about a simple, practical solution through which more value can be extracted from a power factor measurement.
Key topics of this webinar include:
- Description of a Power Factor Test
- Strengths & Deficiencies of a Power Factor Measurement
- Analysis Strategies of a Power Factor Measurement
- Why following the rules may not be good enough
- Modeling an Insulation System and how a dielectric problem may manifest in the model
- Variable Frequency Power Factor and its Analysis
- Differentiating Variable Frequency Power Factor from DFR technologies
Primary Manager, Transformers
OMICRON electronics Corp. USA
Transmission & Distribution World Magazine