The IEEE PES T&D Conference will offer a Smart Grid Boot Camp at this year's event on Monday, April 19 from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
The "camp" introduces the basics of smart grid. Based on the NIST Smart Grid Framework, this course covers all aspects of smart grid from why smart grid now to the key technologies that make up the smart grid. It introduces the work of the UCAIug OpenSG, GridWise Architecture Council, NIST, DOE’s Modern Grid Project and other key efforts from around the world. The course will help you:
- Understand the value of smart grid and interoperable systems
- Understand the key standards that will underpin the smart grid in the US
- Introduce you to key industry projects that are serving as key test beds
- Introduce the key smart grid organizations and provide a pointer to involvement
- Provide an understanding of the key technologies that compose a typical smart grid
The attendee will leave with a better understanding of the current state of the art in regulation and technology provided in a candid and unbiased fashion by some of the top practitioners in the industry. The session will be lead by Erich Gunther. Speakers include Larry Clark (Southern Company), Wayne Longcore (Consumers Energy), and Mark McGranaghan (EPRI).
Sponsored by the IEEE PES Intelligent Grid Coordinating Committee
Registration $225.00 required (not included with conference full registration)