Belden has launched new, ruggedized networking solutions for the smart grid communications infrastructure. Belden officially introduced its Ethernet switch and cabling solutions for substations at the IEEE/PES Conference and Expo.
Belden is showcasing its substation-ready signal transmission products and solutions for industrial Ethernet. These include:
- Hirschmann switches, security/firewall devices and networking software
- Hirschmann BAT WAN/LAN wireless systems
- Hirschmann terminated fiber optic and UTP media
- Belden TrayOptic and FiberExpress fiber optic cables and connectivity
- Belden DataTuff Category 6 and 5e cables
Belden's substation-grade Ethernet infrastructure components are ruggedly constructed to withstand the severe environmental hazards under which they must operate. The products are designed to deliver high performance and 99.999% reliability over the long term, as well as the high bandwidth and high level of network security so critical in today's complex world.
Installed and integrated across the entire 'smart grid' communications infrastructure, Belden's standards-based, field-proven solutions can help power companies and their partners achieve seamless real-time information flow across power generation, transmission, distribution and management functions.