Jersey Central Power & Light is closely tracking the severe storm that is expected to bring heavy rains and wind gusts of up to 60 miles per hour to the region tomorrow into Thursday. In anticipation of the severe weather the company has activated its storm response plan.
All available JCP&L crews and support personnel are prepared to work around-the-clock, as needed, to restore service should weather-related outages occur.
Other steps JCP&L is taking to prepare for the severe weather include:
- Bringing in more than 120 line personnel and hazard responders from FirstEnergy's Ohio utilities to support restoration efforts
- Securing 120 tree contractor crews to respond to tree-related conditions
- Communicating with emergency management officials, state officials, regulators and local officials about our storm preparation efforts
- Activating the JCP&L storm information page on the 24/7 Power Center
- Notifying well water and life support customers about the potential for power outages.
JCP&L customers can also utilize a new free smartphone app to report outages and access important information and services related to their electric accounts. The app is available for Apple iPhone and Android smartphones. Customers can use the keyword "FirstEnergy" to locate the apps in the online store. A new mobile website is also available to customers who use a smartphone to visit www.jcp-l.com.
FirstEnergy customer call centers will be fully staffed. Customers who are without power are encouraged to call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) to report their outage or click the "Report Outage" link on www.firstenergycorp.com.
For updated information on the company's current outages, FirstEnergy's storm restoration process and tips for staying safe, visit the 24/7 Power Center at www.firstenergycorp.com/outages. JCP&L customers can find the latest information on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JCPandL or on Twitter @JCP_L.