POWER Engineers, Inc. has been awarded a contract with NorthWestern Energy to provide services for a four-year GIS Expansion project. NorthWestern will expand their GIS based on a Needs Assessment and Implementation Plan developed by POWER and NorthWestern in 2010.
POWER will partner with NorthWestern internal resources to meet these project objectives for the next level of GIS enterprise use and system integration:
- GIS Inventory Expansion
- Outage Management/Mobile Work Management/Computer Aided Dispatch (OMS/MWM/CAD)
- Gas Line Integrity
- Advanced Field Automation
- Interfaces to SAP, LD-Pro, CIS and Scheduling
POWER’s scope of services for this multi-year project includes:
- Project planning and initiation
- Data services consulting
- Data conversion support
- Software implementation support
- Interface design and development
- Project management support
Initially, POWER will provide strategic consulting services to assist NorthWestern in the selection of the software platform for OMS/MWM/CAD. POWER’s initial technical consulting will include process and software development needed to export data from NorthWestern’s G/Technology GIS for field verification, and to import the data to G/Technology following field verification.