Convergys Corp. has announced the worldwide availability of Smart CIS Solutions, next-generation billing and customer care solutions for the utility and energy markets. .
The new, state-of-the-art Convergys solutions include:
- Complete end-to-end CIS functionality including Customer Management, Revenue Management, Collections, Inventory, Work Force Management, and Campaign Management, available as stand alone modules or as a single fully-integrated solutions
- Patented, flexible architecture enabling rapid configuration of new applications without costly customization changes to core code
- A phased reference architecture enabling a “grow as you grow” footprint to advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) and smart meter deployments
- Real-time, two-way, scalable, rate calculation and billing enabling innovative and dynamic pricing and rate structures
- Multichannel customer relationship management tailored to handle utility products, processes, and data
- Real-time business intelligence applied via consistent and proactive policy management
Key benefits of the Convergys Smart CIS Solutions include:
- Risk Minimization - The flexibility of the solutions provides an innovative approach to enabling technology as it evolves in countries worldwide. By co-existing with legacy systems, Convergys Smart CIS Solutions can reduce the technology and investment risk traditionally associated with this kind of paradigm-shifting effort. Utilities are no longer subject to a costly end-to-end replacement of their billing and customer care solutions, investing tens of millions of dollars and thousands of hours before the solutions prove themselves. This flexibility is accompanied by a business model tailored to the utility’s resource and capitalization requirements.
- Faster Time to Market - Convergys can deploy its Smart CIS Solutions via license, managed service, or build-operate-transfer, adapting to the utility's immediate business requirements and economic environment. The combination of an incremental deployment and an adaptable business model puts the utility in the driver’s seat.
- Faster ROI Breakeven - As utilities modernize their systems to address pressing global energy issues such as environmental protection, conservation, and energy independence, the Convergys Smart CIS Solutions enable a more effective and efficient relationship with both consumer and business customers, while it helps ensure a revenue and cost model that puts a winning smart grid value proposition within reach.