Bentley Systems has announced the immediate availability of Bentley Map Mobile, empowering users to view and act upon Bentley Map geospatial information through mobile devices. With this powerful new Bentley App, infrastructure professionals can readily share geospatial data with non-GIS specialists in the field, including installation and maintenance teams, construction and engineering technicians, and inspectors. This enhanced information mobility provides these specialists with continuous, real-time access to up-to-date geospatial information about the landbase; utility, telecommunications, and transportation networks; and other spatially managed infrastructure that they support in the field. The first release of Bentley Map Mobile runs on Android-based devices.
Bentley Map Mobile works with Bentley’s next generation of i-models (containers for open infrastructure information exchange) that can now package geospatial information for use on mobile devices. The new i-models use the SQLite software library to deliver unmatched performance on virtually all mobile devices. Representative applications that can publish i-models include Bentley Map Enterprise, Bentley Utilities Designer, and Bentley’s communications products, including Bentley Coax, Bentley Copper, Bentley Fiber, and Bentley Inside Plant.
Bentley Map Mobile provides the following functionality:
- fast access to large geospatial data sets;
- easy-to-use, standard tablet-based gestures such as pinch to zoom, swipe to drag, point to select features, etc.;
- simple query mechanism to look up features quickly;
- GPS integration for fast location in the field;
- Google Maps integration for directions to located features (with network connection);
- disconnected, view-only operation for access anywhere, without a network connection;
- raster and vector display.