Bentley Systems has announced the immediate availability of Bentley Utilities Designer, a comprehensive application for the streamlined design and management of utility networks. The new software advances the building information modeling (BIM) objectives of faster/earlier design decisions and the creation of better-performing, intelligent utility infrastructure through the use of information modeling. It also lowers total cost of ownership by consolidating design and management into a single license and application, simplifying training, deployment, maintenance, and integration with enterprise work management systems. Efficiency gains are even greater for multi-utilities – for example, those providing both electric and gas services or water and wastewater services – that are currently using separate design applications.
Richard Zambuni, Bentley global marketing director, geospatial and utilities, said, “With Bentley Utilities Designer, utility owner-operators can reap the many BIM benefits that provide competitive advantage in the marketplace and result in increased returns on investment. This powerful application, which includes the functionality of both MicroStation and Bentley Map, accelerates brownfield and greenfield layout by enabling designers to more quickly achieve the precision and quality they require, increasing productivity. At the same time, it shortens design cycles and results in faster project deliveries by enabling rapid cost-based refinements during design while minimizing review and approval delays.”
Features of Bentley Utilities Designer include:
- the time and cost savings that result from easy integration with commonly deployed enterprise GIS systems;
- more efficient design capability through built-in access to the power, precision, productivity, and intelligence of MicroStation, the unrivaled information modeling environment for infrastructure professionals;
- the elimination of time-consuming, open-loop processes for cost estimation and review through the provision of on-the-fly cost estimation for each design decision and configurable design workflow management;
- the option of consolidating network design and management into a single application for reduced software complexity and costs through the software’s built-in utility-specific GIS based on the industry-proven Bentley Map platform;
- the ability to efficiently manage work requests and designs in stand-alone mode or via seamless integration with a variety of enterprise work management systems through the software’s fully configurable workflow engine;
- increased productivity, accelerated projects, and reduced risk through the software’s intraoperability with ProjectWise, Bentley’s system of collaboration servers and services that enables utility owner-operators to improve the quality, reuse, and auditing of design and construction information;
- rich and reliable information exchange with field personnel through the ability to publish project drawings and utility network maps as i-models that can be reviewed on mobile devices using Bentley Map Mobile.