To be fully in conformance with the most modern testing requirements, Megger offers a family of insulation testers at voltages above 1 kV. At the core of high-voltage testing, 5 kV, the MIT510/2 and MIT520/2 offer safety, convenience and portability.
The MIT510/2 tester offers selectable test voltages at 250, 500, 1000, 2500, and 5000 V, making the tester suitable for applications otherwise performed with a standard handheld model, in addition to the more demanding high-voltage applications. The MIT520/2 increases the functionality by permitting test voltage to be set in any 10 V increment from 50 V to 1 kV, then in 25 V steps all the way to 5 kV. The testers measure to 15 Tera-ohms, thereby making them fully suitable for critical installation tests and establishment of reliable base data for new high-capital equipment. Test results are displayed on Megger’s electronic digital/analog arc, thereby affording the precision and assurance of a digital reading combined with the tell-tale pointer travel normally reserved for mechanical movements.
- Line supply or battery operated
- Digital/analog backlit display
- Measurement range to 15 TÙ (5-kV models) and 35 TÙ (10-kV model)
- Automatic insulation resistance tests
- Automatic dielectric absorption ratio, polarization index, step voltage, and dielectric discharge tests (MIT520/2 and MIT1020/2)\
- RS232 or USB download of results (MIT520/2 and MIT1020/2)
- Ingress protection to IP6
- 3 mA short circuit current