EnerNOC, Inc. has announced the latest release of its energy management platform. This release includes a number of enhancements to EnerNOC’s platform, including advanced Automated Demand Response (AutoDR) dispatch capabilities and increased dispatch management functionality for utilities within DemandSMART, improved usability for large-scale EfficiencySMART deployments, and new bill management integration for EnerNOC’s energy supply management tool, SupplySMART.
EnerNOC’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) energy management platform is designed to integrate seamlessly with a variety of industry-standard frameworks, regardless of equipment manufacturer, including:
- Building automation and management systems;
- SCADA and other industrial monitoring systems;
- Bill management systems, and;
- Direct integration with new and existing metering equipment.
This open platform enables utilities and commercial, institutional, and industrial (C&I) customers to maximize the value of demand response and other energy management initiatives by unlocking valuable insights from real-time energy data without requiring the purchase of additional equipment.
Key updates in this release include:
- Increased AutoDR Capabilities: EnerNOC recently expanded DemandSMART’s AutoDR presence through a 150 megawatt contract with the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO). This platform release includes developments that will enable sites within EnerNOC’s ancillary services program in Alberta to respond automatically to a demand response dispatch within milliseconds.
- Optimized DemandSMART Utility Dashboard: DemandSMART’s utility dashboard enables EnerNOC’s utility partners to monitor and manage demand response resources. The redesigned dashboard provides utility personnel increased granularity and visibility into dispatch performance data, both at the aggregate and individual site levels, to enable them to easily and accurately monitor system load reductions in real time. The platform also facilitates advanced capabilities for dispatching demand response programs for specific zones within a service territory.
- Enhanced EfficiencySMART Portfolio View: EfficiencySMART is designed to help users manage energy usage across hundreds of sites. Its updated Portfolio view enables customers to group sites by region, business unit, building type, or other customizable criteria across up to ten levels of hierarchy. It also helps users to monitor and compare load factor to minimize demand charges across the customer’s facilities during peak periods.
- SupplySMART Bill Management and Energy Market Insights: SupplySMART users will now be able to track and manage their utility bills through EnerNOC’s SaaS platform. SupplySMART improves bill management efforts by helping customers identify anomalies or inconsistencies in bill information by comparing it to data from EnerNOC’s real-time metering equipment. In addition, SupplySMART users are now able to use the platform to access frequently updated market reports to understand the latest market dynamics that drive energy purchase decision-making.
- User Experience Enhancements: Built on the latest web-based user interface technologies, EnerNOC’s energy management platform is designed to deliver high-value dashboards and reports, quickly and easily. This release features 40 percent performance improvements in various aspects of the platform, as well as other user interface upgrades designed to facilitate improved usability for enterprise-class energy management initiatives.