San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) is implementing ClickSoftware's ClickMobile solution to provide a mobile field service application to its electric distribution field work crews.
In late 2007, SDG&E selected ClickSoftware's suite of applications, including ClickForecast, ClickPlan, ClickSchedule and ClickAnalyze, to provide greater visibility and alignment of forecasted work and resource capacity. Last year, following a thorough evaluation and consideration of their mobile strategy, it decided to choose the ClickMobile solution.
ClickSoftware features include:
- Mobile reach that completes the ClickSoftware end-to-end solution providing real-time field monitoring capabilities to the dispatch center.
- Seamless integration with ClickSchedule, simplifying maintenance and integration costs.
- Work order and asset management from the field.
- Mobile user access to timesheets for time tracking and activity reporting.
- Dynamic form capabilities.
ClickMobile will allow the crews in the field to access asset information as well as performing field inspections, long maintenance jobs and initiate work orders from the field. All of this information will be tightly integrated into the SAP business software infrastructure in place at SDG&E.